Planning and booking help please! August 2017 honeymoon!

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings/Honeymoons/Anniversaries' started by Badlydrawnkel, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Badlydrawnkel

Badlydrawnkel Member

Supply Teacher
    Please help me I am becoming very stressed!

As some of you are aware.....Deano and I got engaged in January. We have decided we would like to honeymoon with a trip to Disneyland California, a Disney cruise and maybe a quick trip to LAs Vegas or LA etc......will it be cheaper for us to book it all through Disney or go through Thomas Cook etc or is there an agent I could deal with? Thanks in advance!

2. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Wow! That is an amazing holiday!
    I'd book each portion separately. Perhaps Disney, for the DL, and the cruise, and then just do Vegas alone. Pick the hotel you've wanted to stay at and there you go! ;) I've never been to Vegas.

There are some pretty good hotels just outside DL. If you don't want to pay DL prices to stay "on site," you'll have some good selections of nice hotels within an easy walk. Now, having said that, don't stay at the Best Western directly across the street from the entrance to DL. It's old now, and musty and noisy.

3. Badlydrawnkel

Badlydrawnkel Member

Supply Teacher
    Thank you so much Tink! Any idea on how long we would need at DL, as we have never been before :-D. (Deano saw a picture of "the real Donald" on the cruise and at DL and he's so excited!)

4. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Kel, stop stressing sweetheart :hug2: it can all be sorted out and you have plenty of time. Personally I think it would be much better to book each part separately yourself rather than use an agent. I did this when we went to DL, Vegas, Hawaii and San Francisco.

You can book through Disney for your cruise and the accommodation at DL if you prefer.

You can book your flights from Manchester to your first destination and probably book the connecting flights as well. If you want to go to Vegas you can drive there from LA, it is an easy drive and the scenery is wonderful. The best and cheapest time to go to Vegas is mid week, the prices for the hotel rooms go up stupidly at the weekend.

What cruise are you thinking about doing?

PM me your details and I will have a look around for you :hug2:

I do know of an agent you could probably use if you really would prefer to use an agent though.

5. Badlydrawnkel

Badlydrawnkel Member

Supply Teacher
    Thanks Wendy....just speaking to Deano and I'll message xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

No problem.

7. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I would say that three days at DL would give you enough time to do everything, and then some. The Downtown Disney there is set up a bit differently. More like Citywalk to US/IOA here. You have to walk through DTD to reach either park. (DL or California Adventure). DL is where all the historical "big stuff" is, of course, but CA is nice too.

It's like a condensed version of MK with a touch of the other parks dropped in here and there.

We had a surprisingly nice dinner at Story Teller's Cafe in the Grand Californian. Reasonably priced, and a very nice selection of food. :yes:

We really like California, too so I hope you get a chance to explore a bit. Driving north on the Pacific Coast Highway is fun (but plan on taking your time. It's quite congested and there is a lot to see, and gawk at! :D ).