UPDATED: Blue Diasabled Parking Badge

Discussion in 'Special Needs' started by Wendy, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy

    Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

    Jun 30, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    The rules for using your UK Blue Badge have changed and you now have to apply for a Temporary Disabled Person's Parking Permit.

    Osceola County now have a dedicated office for UK disabled parking permit applications, and they are happy to take them by email, if you scan your documents and send them to either:

    Samantha Jewell : sjewell@osceola.org
    Holly McCommon: hmccommon@osceola.org

    Samantha or Holly will then send you an email to confirm receipt of your request and a phone number to call to provide your credit card payment.

    In order to complete the application, you need to make a payment of $15.00 in US Funds using a debit/credit card American Express, Discover or MasterCard are acceptable. Unfortunately, they DO NOT accept VISA. There is a 2.5 % service fee if using credit or debit card.

    If you don't have a MasterCard, Discover or American Express, a friend or family member can call with card details to make payment. It will be required for them to email or fax authorization to make payment.

    (Example of email or fax: “I, Samantha Jewell, authorize payment on my (Discover) ending in 1234 to be made for Holly McCommon permit requestâ€￾)

    Please do not email your credit card details as email correspondence is public record.

    You can contact Samantha or Holly at (407) 742-3879 or (407) 742-3883 between the hours of 8 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday with payment details if you wish to pay with a credit/debit.

    If you are unable to reach Samantha or Holly directly regarding payment, please call Debbie at (407) 742-3884.

    If you still prefer to submit your application by post, you will need mail a check or money order, made payable to Patsy Heffner, CFC and post this to :

    Patsy Heffner Tax Collector
    Osceola County Tax Office
    Attn: Samantha or Sheryl
    1300 9th Street
    Suite. 101-B
    St. Cloud
    Florida 34769

    The documents you need to send them are:
    • A copy of your valid parking placard/badge (front and back)
    • A copy of your valid passport including the picture and biography page (not the visa)
    • Your home address and telephone number
    • The temporary address you will use while staying in Florida
    • The date of your arrival and departure

    The tag is valid for 90 days so they advise you not to apply sooner than five to six weeks before the travel date to ensure the tag is valid for the whole of your holiday.

    They post the permit to you at no charge.

    If you decide that you want to go to their offices when you get there the details of the Tax Offices are:

    If you are staying in Orange County you will find a list of offices here

    If you are staying in Osceola County you can find their offices here

    You will need to take your UK blue badge and your passport with you.

    Their offices hours are 8am-4.30pm Mon-Fri.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page